RaC Tech Platform Mapping

The AUSCL “Future Law” work stream is at the cusp of launching a project to map platforms and technologies supporting RaC initiatives globally. Let me your thoughts around the insights that would be valuable for this community. Suggestions on approach - also welcome. More to come on this initiative in the next couple of weeks. Natalia Crnomarkovic, AUSCL Future Law Leader

2 Likes

Hi Natalia, it appears that multiple groups are working on RaC and they all come from a different (professional) angle. This is reflected in the tech platforms they use, developing or looking for. The different type of groups I am aware off: legislative/law drafting, business rules management, tech applications (rules engines and APIs). At some stage there needs to be a level of convergence or easy inter-operability.

Thank you for sharing your observations Pim…I expect that we’ll see some convergence (high volume, large players) but interoperability is the key.

Hi All - As posted on Feb 18, the AUSCL Future Law steam is super keen to embark on project with you all on technologies used to support RaC initiatives - a crowd sourcing project. Assume that we have a new comer to this CoP who is tasked to initiate a project to codify a new piece of regulation natively, working along side the policy drafters etc Key starter questions: what the RaC process look like in high level terms, what tech capabilities are needed, why and when in the process, and what platforms/technologies are you aware of that address these capabilities? Share your experience. All contributions valued - big or small. Thanks everyone.